Rails is a web-application framework of Ruby language that includes everything needed to create database-backed web applications according to the Model-View-Control pattern. Also it’s can do desktop(http://jruby.org/) application.
## Installation guide line as follows
** Download latest stable version at Ruby on Rails, http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
** For windows OS need to Development Kit (http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/)
** Also here(https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit)
installation guide of Development Kit for your Ruby on Rails on windows computer.
if you want, you can follows this (http://hashemzahran.com/riding-the-rails-installing-ruby-on-rails/) link for install Ruby on Rails.
== Getting Started
1. At the command prompt, create a new Rails application:
rails new myapp (where myapp is the application name)
2. Change directory to myapp and start the web server:
cd myapp; rails server (run with –help for options)
3. Go to http://localhost:3000/ and you’ll see:
“Welcome aboard: You’re riding Ruby on Rails!”
4. Follow the guidelines to start developing your application. You can find
the following resources handy:
* The Getting Started Guide: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html
* Ruby on Rails Tutorial Book: http://www.railstutorial.org/
I believe, it’s help you if you can play on Ruby on Rails.